Social Media Specialist
We are seeking a full-time Social Media Specialist to join our Marketing team. This position is based in our Seattle office.
Whether you’ve marketed gourmet pizza toppings, ridesharing solutions, or an app that connects your alarm clock to your dog’s food bowl, you’ve witnessed people becoming customers because your product or service made a difference in their lives. That’s pretty special. Now imagine that sense of purpose multiplied by 100—it’s pretty close to the feeling of pride and accomplishment you’ll get from working with us.
Founded by John and Julie Gottman, The Gottman Institute is the recognized global leader in relationship health. And as the Social Media Specialist, you will be representing our brand and legacy to the world. Our followers look to our social media content as a beacon of hope—providing thought leadership and research-based, yet practical ways to improve their relationships. The work is meaningful, fulfilling, and can be challenging.
Our Ideal Candidate
As a social media manager or community manager, you’ve worked for either an agency or in-house within a marketing department. You believe in the power that social media has to build community and connect people to each other, and to information that matters. As a human being, you’re creative, passionate about helping people, naturally curious, and possess an above-average level of emotional intelligence and good judgment. Many of our insights come from the feedback we receive on social media—your ability to both discern what comments are valuable and respond thoughtfully to the collective (and often random) outrage of the internet is a plus! Maintaining your sense of humor is vital.
The Gottman Institute is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
- Source and publish engaging content (text, image, and video) on company social media channels
- Ensure that all social media posts adhere to style and branding guidelines
- Stay up to date with all current social media marketing trends
- End-to-end ownership of The Gottman Institute’s social channels across Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, Pinterest, and YouTube from concept to post-implementation analysis
- Publish content that is relevant to current cultural conversations without going full “fellow kids”
- Work with Content Director to develop a content calendar designed to drive engagement and site traffic
- Monitor listening platforms, such as Google Alerts, Meltwater Listening, and Facebook Insights, for relevant and timely content to share with our audience
- Ensure consistent brand positioning and tone of voice across all social media channels
- Develop and foster our online community by encouraging positive and thoughtful audience engagement and moderating conversations for spam and hate speech
- Provide customer service support across channels by replying to direct messages, mentions, reviews, and comments while appropriately representing The Gottman Institute and adhering to our brand voice
- Identify and build relationships with relevant social media influencers, exploring collaboration opportunities to target new audiences and grow awareness of the Gottman brand globally
Reporting and Analytics
- Track and report on the performance of all social media posts to inform content strategy
- Provide status reports to leadership and key stakeholders regarding social media efforts
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Advanced knowledge of social media marketing standards and strategies
- Strong attention to detail, editorial judgment, and writing ability
- Proficiency with social media marketing technology software such as Hootsuite, Falcon, Sprout Social, etc.
- Knowledge of the health and wellness industry is a plus
- Design ability and asset creation experience is a plus
- Strong communication skills (oral, written, presentation) with both external and internal customers
- Strong organizational, time management, and prioritization skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Proficiency with project planning software, familiarity with Google Suite, and able to quickly learn new software and systems
- Curiosity with a desire to stay informed of industry trends and learn new skills
- Able to work effectively both individually and in a team with minimal supervision and able to make smart decisions based on company policy
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Journalism, or Communications preferred
- 2+ years of experience in social media marketing and community management with a proven track record
- Competitive compensation and benefits package, including paid time off, health insurance with vision/dental, and 401k
- ORCA card
- Online learning and workshops to help you gain relationship skills
- Great views of the Puget Sound and downtown Seattle from our offices
- Visit with Amu the Office Dog
- Motorized standing desks
- Your choice of Mac or PC laptop
- Stocked fridge, coffee, soda, and lots of treats and healthy snacks
- Free monthly catered lunches
- Regular team activities such as annual baseball games, monthly team building events, and more