Program Coordinator - Professional Training Programs
The Gottman Institute has up to 2 openings for an exempt program coordinator to support professional training programs.
We are seeking a Program Coordinator to support education and training programs for our Professionals audience. Our research-based education programs are designed to prepare professionals (clinical therapists, health care professionals, clergy, social workers, coaches, etc.) to help couples improve the health of their relationships. The ideal candidate holds enthusiasm for our mission and enjoys playing a supporting role at the hub of activity and processes in the department. If you get excited by streamlining processes, trying new tools, collaborating with internal and external customers, and delivering exceptional service, we’d love to talk to you about this opportunity.
Screening begins June 3 and is open until filled. The Gottman Institute is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Program Coordinators provide critical support services for education programs at The Gottman Institute. They are responsible for creating and maintaining proposals, contracts and agreements, managing training and event calendars and coordinating event logistics. They collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to coordinate timely delivery of workshop and training materials. They are responsible for the distribution of training/workshop certificates and the collection and maintenance of instructor evaluations. They streamline business workflows and improve processes while maintaining the integrity of business data and the quality of our services. This position requires occasional evening or weekend work.
- Produce and maintain proposals, quotes, contracts and agreements
- Maintain records for relevant regulatory compliance requirements (HIPAA, GDPR, CE providers)
- Enter and maintain transactions and data in CRM (Salesforce), such as registration and payment, attendee rosters, workshop evaluations and certificates of completion
- Support the contracting process and execution of print licenses and translation agreements
- Coordinate internal meetings, including scheduling, creating and distributing agendas and taking meeting minutes
- Respond to customer service requests and escalate as needed
Training and Event Coordination
- Collaborate with Directors and Program Managers to coordinate and support TGI and 3rd party contracted events, including scheduling, staffing, logistics, hospitality rentals, AV and presentation needs, catering, staging and hospitality supplies
- Attend and support TGI events by assisting with setup, attendee registration, customer service and processing retail transactions
- Reconcile training attendance rosters, and send certificates of completion with follow up email to attendees
- Collaborate with Inventory and Supply Chain team to effectively order workshop materials and ensure accurate and timely delivery for TGI, contracted and Trainer-hosted events
- Manage billing/invoicing for contracted events, trainings, and workshops
- Maintain accurate internal and public-facing training and events calendars
Business Process Improvement
- Document existing program coordination processes and identify opportunities and solutions to simplify processes and automate workflows
- Collaborate with team members to simplify processes
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Strong communication skills (oral, written, presentation) with both external and internal customers:
- Excels at communicating clearly and effectively verbally and in writing.
- Strong proficiency in writing summaries, documents, reports, and presentations, with careful attention to detail and quality.
- Ability to collaborate, coordinate, track, and execute tasks in partnership with other departments and teams.
- Comfortable communicating confidently with staff, leadership and external stakeholders
- Strong organizational, planning, time management and prioritization skills:
- Able to multitask, maintain focus on several different projects at one time and hit deadlines.
- Able to be flexible with attention and priority.
- Able to accurately estimate time required to complete tasks and projects.
- High proficiency with business software:
- Able to quickly learn new software and systems.
- Comfortable and effective working in Microsoft Office and Google Suite.
- Strong understanding of project planning, CRM, spreadsheet, and database software.
- Ability to use software to streamline processes and improve efficiency while maintaining quality.
- Able to work effectively both individually and in a team with minimal supervision; able to make decisions using own initiative based on company policy.
Bachelor’s Degree preferred, but not required
- Two years of relevant work experience; or applicable internship experience
- Training or event coordination experience preferred
- Customer service experience preferred
- Project management experience preferred
- Competitive compensation and benefits package, including paid time off, health insurance, and 401k
- ORCA card
- Bring your dog to work
- Online learning and workshops to help you gain relationship skills
- Motorized standing desks
- Your choice of Mac or PC laptop
- Stocked fridge, coffee, soda, and lots of treats and healthy snacks
- Free monthly catered lunches
- Regular team activities such as annual baseball games, monthly team building events, and more