Program Manager - Professional Training Programs
The Gottman Institute has 1 opening for an exempt program manager to support professional training programs.
We are seeking a Program Manager to administer and grow education and training programs for our Professionals audience. Our research-based education programs are designed to prepare professionals (clinical therapists, health care professionals, clergy, social workers, coaches, etc.) to help couples improve the health of their relationships. The ideal candidate holds enthusiasm for our mission and enjoys promoting and growing programs, with attention to quality and customer experience. If you get excited by building and strengthening relationships with internal and external customers and partners, evangelizing life-changing education programs, and delivering exceptional service, we’d love to talk to you about this opportunity.
Screening begins June 14, 2019, and is open until filled. The Gottman Institute is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Program Managers are responsible for administering, evaluating and growing education programs at the Gottman Institute. They report to department directors and may manage one or multiple programs. Duties include program administration, business development, and community and customer relationship management. Program Managers are responsible for monitoring program, curriculum and trainer quality and collaborating with internal and external stakeholders to successfully execute events, trainings and workshops. They analyze program data to identify opportunities for growth and program development.
- Develop and implement program policies and procedures, including entrance and completion requirements and program and instructor evaluation processes
- Coordinate with education and clinical staff to develop plans for review and revision of program curriculum and materials
- Maintain program data and records and develop effective reporting processes
- Ensure quality of program materials and customer experience
- Develop program roadmap and growth strategies
- Collaborate with marketing team to develop marketing plans, campaign strategies, program messaging and promotional materials
Account Management and Business Development
- Maintain strong relationships with speakers, presenters and program subject matter experts
- Develop and maintain strong relations with external organizations to create opportunities for contracted events
- Identify new opportunities for business development and collaborate with marketing team to grow programs
- Produce proposals and negotiate and secure agreements for 3rd party events
- Develop a deep understanding of customer needs in order to improve the customer experience
- Develop and implement plans to support and nurture communities of leaders/educators/trainers who have been approved to facilitate their own events using TGI materials
Event Planning and Oversight
- Oversee event planning and execution for TGI sponsored and 3rd party contracted training, workshop and speaking events
- Develop event budgets and maintain expense records
- Negotiate and secure contracts for external vendors for venue, hospitality, A/V, catering, etc.
- Select and contract with presenters and trainers
- Manage event staffing and communications
- Attend events as program, department and TGI representative
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Strong professional presence and communication skills (oral, written, presentation) with both external and internal customers:
- Professional presence and ability to represent TGI and programs to internal and external audiences.
- Clear and effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong proficiency in writing summaries, proposals, reports, and presentations, with careful attention to detail and quality.
- Comfortable communicating confidently with staff, leadership and external stakeholders.
- Strong program growth and business development skills:
- Ability to forecast revenue and develop growth strategies.
- Knowledge of effective business development strategies.
- Comfortable with inbound and outbound lead nurturing.
- Strong organizational, planning, time management and prioritization skills:
- Able to multitask, maintain focus on several different projects at one time and hit deadlines.
- Able to be flexible with attention and priority.
- Able to accurately estimate time required to complete tasks and projects.
- Ability to delegate, manage project team members and influence without authority when needed.
- Ability to collaborate, coordinate, track, and execute tasks in partnership with other departments and teams.
- Proficiency with business software:
- Able to quickly learn new software and systems.
- Comfortable and effective working in Microsoft Office and Google Suite.
- Familiarity with project planning, CRM, spreadsheet, and database software
- Able to work effectively both individually and in a team with minimal supervision; able to make decisions using own initiative based on company policy.
Bachelor’s Degree preferred, but not required
- Program Management experience in Education or related field preferred
- Business development, account management or sales experience preferred
- Event planning and execution experience preferred
- Competitive compensation and benefits package, including paid time off, health insurance, and 401k
- ORCA card
- Bring your dog to work
- Online learning and workshops to help you gain relationship skills
- Motorized standing desks
- Your choice of Mac or PC laptop
- Stocked fridge, coffee, soda, and lots of treats and healthy snacks
- Free monthly catered lunches
- Regular team activities such as annual baseball games, monthly team building events, and more